-
October 30th, 2003, 12:20 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Oct 29 1969:
The first messages are sent between computers at UCLA and Stanford over ARPANET (the original computer network that grew to become the internet)
-
October 30th, 2003, 12:25 AM
#2
Inactive Member
AAAAND for bonus points tell us what ARPANET stands for.
-
October 30th, 2003, 12:37 AM
#3
Inactive Member
I'll take I really don't care for $200, Alex! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
(about what the letters stand for that is...)
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 29, 2003 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Jaxom_27 ]</font>
-
October 30th, 2003, 12:57 AM
#4
HB Forum Owner
I'm going to guess that the NET is short for network.
What'd I win?
-
October 30th, 2003, 01:57 AM
#5
HB Forum Owner
According to www.acronymfinder.com :
ARPANET = Advanced Research Projects Agency Network
-
October 30th, 2003, 01:59 AM
#6
HB Forum Owner
What is Advanced Research Projects Agency Network, Alex?
-
October 30th, 2003, 02:06 AM
#7
HB Forum Owner
Some sort of think tank combination between various universities and the military and other government offices.
http://www.darpa.mil/
-
October 30th, 2003, 02:12 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Our city just celebrated the 20th anniversary of tcp/ip switch in the summer (which many people consider to be the real anniversary of the internet as it is now, but hey, I'm not arguing with the Goob).
Happy first messages! [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
October 30th, 2003, 02:23 PM
#9
HB Forum Owner
Oh, I always argue with the goob...
[img]wink.gif[/img]
-
October 31st, 2003, 02:54 AM
#10
Inactive Member
A privilage you and you alone enjoy at this time, eris dear...heh...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks